Turning Point Center of Bennington County
Impaired Driver Rehabilitation Program (IDRP)
IDRP Program Guidelines – Intensive Program and Non-Intensive Program
The Bennington IDRP program has two options for the IDRP Education and Evaluation program. The programs are for people with first and second offenses seeking reinstatement of driving privileges, as well as court ordered participants .
We continue to provide online Zoom meetings for the IDRP intake and 10 hours classes. Please note: Here are the 4 basic steps:
1. Print & Mail-in your registration packet and fees.
Mail: Complete and mail the registration material (3 pages) found below on this website (www.tpcbennington.org) along with your payments to:
Paula Shulman, IDRP Registration
PO Box 814, Arlington, Vermont 05250
YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT PAULA SHULMAN AT 802-379-5117 TO HAVE THE REGISTRATION PACKET MAILED TO YOU IF YOU CAN’T PRINT IT OUT FROM OUR WEBSITE OR PICK IT UP AT THE TURNING POINT CENTER
A total registration fee of $400.00 is due with your mail-in registration. A $220.00 money order/bank check made out to: Turning Point Center of Bennington VT and a $180.00 money order/bank check made out to: Paula Shulman. No personal checks, or debit/credit cards.
2. Completion of a Drug and Alcohol Screening: Once we receive you registration, we will call you to schedule the screening and provide more detailed information about the program. You cannot be placed on the class roster until your intake is scheduled. The Treatment Requirements for License Reinstatement is provided to the client by the IDRP Evaluator. For first offenders, if treatment is determined to be necessary by the IDRP Evaluator, treatment must consist of a minimum of four (4) hours in no fewer than four (4) weeks. Clients with two or more convictions (including clients with life suspensions who are completing the Total Abstinence application) must complete 20 hours of treatment over a minimum of 24 weeks. Please note that these are the minimum requirements.
3. Completion of the IDRP Education Component: Participants with first and second offenses are required to complete the education component, either thru the weekend Intensive program or the 2-week Tuesday/Thursday evening program. An hour lunch break is included in the weekend program.
4. Completion of an exit interview (if required) with the IDRP Evaluator once the IDRP Education Component has been completed and the required Treatment Completion forms are faxed or sent to Paula Shulman, IDRP Evaluator.
THREE FORMS NEED FOR MAIL-IN
We ask you to please have your paperwork mailed to us no later than one week before the class begins. Early registration is recommended to reserve your spot.
1. Intake Form – Fill out the top section from your signature. PID is your license # or photo ID #.
2. Release of Confidential Information - Please fill out your name and date of birth on top and sign and date on the bottom. Include your email. Include additional contact names, addresses, and fax numbers you will need your completed forms sent.
3. Participant Agreement – Sign and Add your 1st & 2nd class preference at the bottom.
Other requirements or suspensions may need to be satisfied before your privilege to drive can be reinstated. In these instances, contact the Vermont DMV at (802) 828-2050 / fax (866) 272-7989
Paula Shulman, IDRP Evaluator, (802) 379-5117 / fax (802) 881-0168
IDRP Central Office – Burlington, VT (802) 651-1574 / Fax (866) 272-7989
Ignition Lock DMV - (802) 828-2061
VT State Website of IDRP Programs
YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL WITH A LINK TO A ZOOM MEETING FOR THE IDRP CLASS.
Intensive - hour break included
(Saturday & Sunday 9am—3pm)
December 10th & 11th, 2022
January 14 th & 15th 2023
February 11th & 12th 2023
March 11th & 12th
April 15th & 16th
May 6th & 7th
June 10th & 11th
July 8th & 9th
August 12th & 13th
Sept. 9th & 10th
October 14th & 15th
November 4th & 5th
December 2nd & 3rd
Non-intensive 2 week
(Weekday Evenings 6pm—8:30pm)
February 1st, 2nd, 7th & 9th
April 4th, 6th, 11th, 13th
June 6th, 8th, 13th & 15th
August 1st, 3rd, 8th & 10th
October 3rd, 5th, 10th & 12th